Sunday, January 19, 2014
Music, music, MUSIC!
OMEA conference! I am happy to report I have spent the past few days at the OMEA conference in Eugene, Oregon. This conference is bittersweet! Though I find myself confronted with all that I hold dear, I find myself confronted with all I hate! A heap of conflicting emotions . . . EVERY year! I love that I am a music educator, but I love that I am an EDUCATOR even more. I am challenged to move to next level as a teacher. I fight my gifts; I wish I had other gifts. I am NO musician, but I am an educator who believes in the inherent value of music and what it offers to children. As a leader, a communicator, a connector of people, I am reminded of how much I love my community . . . my tribe. The passion overwhelms me; I want to run, but I must embrace it. I must move forward. I must connect my people to the music. I must keep fighting the good fight. I must be crazy enough to believe I can make a difference. I must keep invested in my community. I must resist cynicism and passivity. I must confront my demons and fear. I am grateful to have the opportunity. Just an ordinary, average girl . . . not too good, not too bad. I guess that makes me "just right" for the job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are a great mentor on so many different levels! I love my sister :)
ReplyDelete