Friday, May 7, 2010

Maxwell Moments from Facebook

May 1, 2010
Max's fears of Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny should have clued me into what his reaction might be when confronted with giant Sesame Street characters. We only forced the people around us to endure 20 minutes of him screaming bloody murder before we decided to eat the $90 we spent on the "best available" seats. My poor baby was actually trembling... See More he was so scared. He has started doing this more lately with fear objects: the jet-tub, the shower, the heater, and large characters. We try our best to reassure him, reason with him, remove him from the situations, but I'm not sure how else to deal with it. :(

May 1, 2010
Watch out Elmo, you're about to meet Maxwell Schindler! "Sesame Street Live" here we come!!

April 29, 2010
Max: "Mommy I got poop!" Me: "Do you want to go to the toilet?" Max: "ALL DONE toilet!" Me: "Well, do you want me to change your diaper or do you want to walk around with poop?" Max: "I walk in my poop."

April 20, 2010
Max just locked me in his room with him. :/ I had to jump out his window barefoot (which is almost 10 ft down) to escape. I realized as I landed on the bark dust that he & Mason will have no trouble navigating that jump as teenagers. *~shudder~* But alas, disaster diverted; lesson learned (hopefully only on my part). ...It is quite humbling to be schooled by a 2 year old a daily basis.

April 12, 2010
Schindler Success . . . Max has used the toilet every morning after breakfast and every evening before bath for a week straight, on his own accord. I am SO proud of my son!

April 8, 2010
More proof that Max will do ANYTHING to get to my cell phone. He actually crawled onto the bar stool, over the counter & into the dishwasher all in under 10 seconds to snag it. I think Mason was quite impressed with his big bro's ingenuity! Note to self . . . do not put dishes away while unloading them. Any suggestions on how to do that?

April 2, 2010
On another “Max” note... We had our 2nd visit at the baby gym today.With myriad apparatuses to choose from, Max decides on the walker/seat of a little handicapped boy. After spotting it, he headed over and promptly took a seat all the while telling the owner,“Want drive, I drive, you share, don’t take!” Fortunately, the... little boy’s mother was not offended and actually found Max quite charming. Yes, this is my child.

April 2, 2010
Easter Bunny verdict: we will officially forgo our holiday character visits until further notice.

March 29, 2010
BTW- Max is NOT, I repeat, NOT potty trained. This boy will do AMAZING things in life! I hope using the toilet is one of them.

March 24, 2010
Is it bad I am single-handedly responsible for Max saying, "What heck!?" every time he is frustrated or irritated? My little "pitcher" definitely has ears!

March 18, 2010
This week Max was babysat by a fabulous 7th grader, Madi. Last night when he heard the doorbell he ran to the door exclaiming, "Madi's here, Madi's here!!" Opening the door he discovered it was not Madi; it was my dad. Bursting into tears he yelled disdainfully, "Want Madi, want Madi, all done Papa, all done Papa!!" It seems even our legendary BIG PAPA can't compete with the magnetic powers of a middle school girl!

March 9, 2010
Catherine Keeton says . . . Max is the life of the party!! Why cooperate when there is so many cell phones waiting to have their codes cracked. He is a diamond in the rough. You go Max!!!!

March 8, 2010
Went to a local moms group music class today. There were approx. 18 glowing moms each paired with an angelic child, or two (mostly girls), all cooperating, participating, and showing respect (which ironically are the rules of my classroom) . . . and then there was Max. Let's just say I was one of "those" moms and Max was "that" kid. ~Sigh~

March 1, 2010
We attended our first baby gym class for toddlers today. Max bulldozes a little girl out of turn in line to use the uneven bars exclaiming, "You share, you share!" I don't think he's quite got the whole "sharing" idea yet. However, I can always count on him to impress everyone with his linguistic abilities! :o) Oh... yeah, Mason slept 9 hours straight last night!! Sleep is such a luxury these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment