Today we watched Disney's FROZEN! I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I was pleasantly surprised! The music & storyline were resonant! Max & Mason stayed engaged throughout, even though it was a little more lengthy than the average Disney princess movie. How refreshing to have both "princess" characters be strong, independent, yet vulnerable, women finding "true love" in someone other than "Prince Charming". It was fun to have a little romantic "love" along the way, but it played a much smaller role in these characters adventures. Bravo!
I am loving our winter vacation right now! What a blessing to have rest and reprieve. Like FROZEN, my personal music & storyline is also resonant! I am refreshed, invigorated, and bursting with zeal to embark into 2014! I feel more comfortable in my skin than I have since I was 7 years old (the last time I can remember I was unapologetically. . . me). Some resonant themes I hope will be in my storyline and on my soundtrack this year include . . . Freedom! For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery. For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. Galatians 5:1 & 13. Abide! Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. John 15:4. Faith! And Jesus said to him, "Go your way; your faith has made you well." And immediately he regained his sight and began following Him on the road. Mark 10:52. Love! Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.


No comments:
Post a Comment