Went to Portland today to get an estimate on overhauling my flute. Definitely not a cheap situation. I am in sticker shock, but feeling excited to be move forward with the process of getting the old girl sold. Watching her be "estimated" and listening to her warm sound as she was sized up, took me back a decade or so. It amazes me how many dysfunctional relationships I have participated in through my life; even my dear old flute was subjected to the incessant codependency! I'm happy she will be enjoying the freedom and company of a new relationship. She deserves to be given love, not stowed away in the back of an underwear drawer. Bittersweet.
Speaking of codependency . . . I am on my 2nd read through a life changing book, "Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life." http://www.amazon.com/Boundaries-When-Take-Control-Your/dp/0310247454 I read it earlier this year and it completely turned my thinking right-side-up. In reading it again, I'm finding it is even more profound! I can't recommend this book enough!
Started watching Downton Abbey. I can see why it is popular; we are already hooked into the story after two episodes of the first season. I love period pieces, though it will be hard to top Breaking Bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment